Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Brian Jones: six icons who all died aged 27 and now belong to the most tragic ‘club’ in popular culture.
‘The 27 Club’ was first popularised as a term following the death of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain. Ever the spokesman for his generation, he left a note that said: ‘It’s better to burn out than to fade away’; then joined the original ‘Four Js’: Jones, Jimi, Janis and Jim.
When Amy Winehouse was inducted into ‘The 27 Club’ in July 2011, she joined the tragic roll call of legends lost to addiction, accident or suicide before their 25th birthday.
Forever young and forever famous, ‘The 27 Club’ are now immortalised in IQ’s brand-new collection of T-shirts, hoodies and prints – united under the heartfelt tagline ‘Forever 27’.
Our original designs are inspired by the Mexican Day of the Dead, which remembers and celebrates all those who have passed – inviting prayers of support for their spiritual journey.
Colourful and irreverent – just like the rock stars, musicians and singers they honour – ‘The 27 Club’ collection is for the young at heart. It is our tribute to the visionaries who have inspired countless others to pick up a musical instrument or write a song.
There are many more artists in ‘The 27 Club’ and it is our future intention to honour them all.
All measurements are approximate
MATERIAL AND CARE
- Brushed cotton unisex hooded sweatshirt
- Material: 85% Organic ring-spun Combed Cotton, 15% Recycled Polyester
- Weight: 350 gsm
- Double layered hood in self fabric
- Round drawcords in matching body colour with metal tipping
- Metal eyelets
- Inside herringbone back neck tape
- Self fabric half moon at back neck
- Single needle topstitch at neckline and along hood opening
- 1x1 rib at sleeve hem and bottom hem
- Armhole, sleeve hem and bottom hem with twin needle topstitch
- Kangaroo pocket at front
Caring for your Hoodie:
- Wash at 25°C
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Iron on a low heat
- Do not iron on print
- Do not dry clean
- Wash inside-out