Boss, I Think I’ve Found you a Genius
Available in a wide range of colours.
Bob Bishop, a former club scout for Manchester United, penned these immortal words in a telegram to then manager Matt Busby after discovering one of the most naturally gifted players of all time.
Bishop spotted a 15-year-old boy named George Best playing on Belfast’s Cregagh Estate and the legendary telegram soon followed. Local club Glentoran had previously rejected Best for being ‘too small and light’, but the mercurial youngster was given a trial with Manchester United – leading to chief scout Joe Armstrong signing him up.
Upon agreeing terms and making his move to Manchester, Best quickly became homesick and stayed for only two days before going back home to Northern Ireland. He then returned to the club and spent two years playing as an amateur, as English clubs were not allowed at that time to take Northern Irish players on as apprentices.
Best was given a job as an errand boy on the Manchester Ship Canal – allowing him to train with the team twice a week. The rest, you could say, is history.
All measurements are approximate
MATERIAL AND CARE
- Brushed cotton unisex hooded sweatshirt
- Material: 85% Organic ring-spun Combed Cotton, 15% Recycled Polyester
- Weight: 350 gsm
- Double layered hood in self fabric
- Round drawcords in matching body colour with metal tipping
- Metal eyelets
- Inside herringbone back neck tape
- Self fabric half moon at back neck
- Single needle topstitch at neckline and along hood opening
- 1x1 rib at sleeve hem and bottom hem
- Armhole, sleeve hem and bottom hem with twin needle topstitch
- Kangaroo pocket at front
Caring for your Hoodie:
- Wash at 25°C
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Iron on a low heat
- Do not iron on print
- Do not dry clean
- Wash inside-out